A DEI Manifesto encapsulates the North Star and Values of a company’s DEI policies and framework. Every company should create a simple set of aspirational goals and objectives that demonstrate its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and communicate the core values in understandable and straightforward terms.
Below is an example of a DEI Manifesto. Please feel free to copy or adapt the manifesto to your enterprise needs. Most DEI software platforms will allow you to develop and disseminate such a manifesto.
DEI Manifesto: An Example
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a bedrock value of our company.
- We realize that historically some groups are marginalized and underrepresented in the corporate world.
- Our firm belief is diversity, equity, and inclusion will lead to better performance and elevate our social standing. It is not just a moral imperative but makes strategic sense.
- We will strive to identify, recruit, onboard, train, retain, and promote diverse employees from various diversity dimensions.
- During times of talent scarcity and globalization, our company needs to hire diverse employees, offer them a welcoming environment, and promote growth, equitable opportunity and belonging.
- We will strive to identify and mitigate different types of biases – implicit and explicit.
- We will promote a company culture that does not stereotype but values and celebrate our differences.
- We will adapt our talent development processes and programs to support the diverse workforce to help them realize their full potential.
- We will foster multicultural awareness and create a climate of inclusivity so that no one feels left behind.
- To hold ourselves accountable, we will monitor, measure, and continuously evaluate our progress on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Related DEI Resources:
DEI Competency Model